New York rapper Prodigy, who recently pleaded guilty to gun charges stemming from a traffic stop last year, called into Dj Whoo Kid’s Shade 45 radio show a few days ago to discuss the situation. “Last week I had to cop out to a 3 and 1/2…I gotta go in for a 3 and 1/2—I’ll be right back” said Prodigy referring to the 3 and 1/2 years he will begin to serve on January 9th, 2008.
“I got a long record, but I’ve beatin’ all my cases—they were all illegal searches. But this one, the cops got on the stand lying..so I had to cop out, I was facing up to 15 years, there was no way for me to win [against the NYPD].” He continued.
“The first offer the D.A. gave me was five years, but we decided to take it to trial. It was basically our word against the NYPD.”
“I could do 3 years and come home and still be poppin’” Prodigy retorted.
“When they locked me up, they tried to get me to set up 50 cent, they wanted me to plant guns and stuff in his car—they told me to plan guns in his car and they were gonna let me walk.” He exclaimed.
You can listen to the entire interview.
Prodigy: Shade45 Interview

No comments:
Post a Comment