Tuesday, December 11, 2007

SHAWTY LO FROM DFL IS A SOLO ARTIST

m_9ec1106a03e605ce88d107f8a165b405.jpg

Over at MTV.com, Mixtape Mondays has an interview with D4L member Shawty Lo. The ATL native recently struck out on his own as a solo artist (the group is still intact though, no beef) and is enjoying the fruits of his labor as his song, “Dey Know,” gains momentum in the South. There’s even a remix with Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Plies, and Lil Wayne, which is insane. Check out Wayne at the end getting his T-Pain on… again.

According to an interview on Sixshot with Shawty, his I’m Da Man mixtape moved over forty thousand units, which is what prompted Asylum Records to give him a solo deal.

He told Mixtape Mondays:

“I ain’t been rapping but two years. I don’t really [think of] myself [as a] rapper, I just be telling my life. I’m a finesse-r. I got a slow flow, that’s my style.”

Not bad for a newcomer. Go head, Shawty.

But where’s Fabo at?

via:suckerfree

No comments: