Wednesday, December 5, 2007

SNOOP SAYS CRITICS ARE TRYING TO "KILL OFF HIP HOP"

I THOUGHT SNOOP WAS TRYING TO KILL HIP HOP W/ THAT SENSUAL SEDUCTION MESS.

In part two of Sucker Free’s Snoop Dogg interview, the D-O double G weighs in on the recent opposition to hip-hop from both the mainstream media and society at large:

“They try to bash hip-hop in so many ways to get rid of it but what they’re doing is trying to kill off our forefathers, because we’re only off springs of what was made before we had a chance to make it. I talked to Quincy Jones. I talked to James Brown. I done sat down with these legends in the music world and I found out that I have something in common with them- a love for music and a love for being real. And it should be appreciated and accepted because regardless how I used to live my life or what I come from, whenever I make my music, my music is from the heart and the soul and it’s supposed to help you get by…”

In related news, Don Imus- who’s fall from grace earlier this year lead to a nationwide hip-hop witch hunt- returned to the airwaves on ABC radio yesterday complete with an African-American “chaperone” on his team. Go figure…

No comments: