Tuesday, June 3, 2008

NEW AUDIO: DRU HILL "LOOSE"

I don't if y'all remember but Dru Hill were doing an interview with an East Coast radio station where they were announcing their comeback. Within minutes of announcing their return to the game, one of the members decided that it was the perfect opportunity to announce his departure from the group. Well, if you didn't know, now you know. If you wan't to read more of this, check the story below. Check out the audio for some new music from the group after the jump. I am not sure if all the members are on this. I don't know if this means that the whole band will be together or just be Dru with one less member. Nonetheless, check out the audio and let me know if this is a HIT or MISS?

R&B group Dru Hill delighted fans on Thursday when they announced their reunion live on U.S. radio - only to call off their comeback just 10 minutes later.

The "How Deep Is Your Love" hit makers made the bizarre appearance on WERQ FM in their native Baltimore, Maryland.

The band - with original members Sisqo, Jazz, Nokio and Woody - each introduced themselves before show host Marc Clarke asked Woody to explain how he felt about their reformation.

He said: "It feels great to have the brotherhood. I tell these guys, when they see me coming, they can't be in their house clothes, they can't even really get comfortable, 'cause I'm always snapping pictures. .I'm just loving the brotherhood right now."

But his positive attitude soon turned negative as he began to cast doubt on whether they should reunite after all: "But at the same time. I feel like since I left the first time I've just been called by God on an assignment and it's something that I have to do. Honestly, I feel like at this time, y'all guys just got it. Y'all don't need me to be around physically, so I feel like I'ma go do what God called me to do, which is minister and do my gospel thing. At the same time, I'm with y'all in spirit. I'm with y'all every step of the way."

His turnaround shocked the other three members of the group and in video footage of the incident posted online, Sisqo can be seen angrily putting down his headphones and leaving the room, shouting, "Hell no, you could've told us this yesterday. When y'all ready to do this for real, holler at me!"

Dru Hill originally disbanded in 2005 after being dropped from their record label Def Soul.

Dru Hill - Loose

No comments: